- I ❤️ PEP8 shirts are super rad and you can have one too!. Discount codes for t-shirts and stickers good for this week are posted on the site! DJANGOCON2016 and LOVEPEP8, respectively.
- flake8 summarizer script. I wrote this (I’m pretty sure I wrote it, at least) a while ago and haven’t used it in almost a year.
- bandit: “Bandit is a tool designed to find common security issues in Python code. To do this Bandit processes each file, builds an AST from it, and runs appropriate plugins against the AST nodes.”
- tox: test environment management
- flake8: style and static analysis
- autopep8: automatically format code to PEP8
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code
- Django Standalone Apps: A developer’s fieldguide to developing reusable Django applications: very much in-progress, but let me know if you’re interested!
- Wellfire Interactive: my consulting business
(Slides formatting looks a bit wonky they as were added after the fact).
No embed? Check them out directly on Speaker Deck. Or skip to the last slide:
If you have any questions or comments (including constructive feedback), use Twitter (@bennylope or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy to chat, too, about doing legacy Djagno code reviews with clients to plan feature changes and Django upgrades!
Originally published July 2016